Rob C and Martin D

Rob C.... Good looking, highly experienced radio control flyer. Martin D.... 40'ish, middle age spread kicking in. Motto "You build it, i'll fly it" UPDATE - Martin prob 50s and gone AWOL

Wednesday 18 January 2012

4 Days to go....

There is now only 4 days to go until I fly in the F3F winter league at the BWLCH in Wales.






The Skorpion is Ready,I am not. I won't be taking the ASW as backup

 












Clearly due to the problem with the nose on the Tanga (would have been my preferred choice) I will be using the Skorpion . I have spent a little time on the set up added a little more snap flap, increased the throws on the rudder and added a little more expo on the elevator and ailerons. All this has been done to try and induce a bit of a bounce in the high speed turns. I have no idea whether it will make a blind bit of difference or not but I hope it does. I have no expectations of doing well, my aim is to have some fun, not come last, see some decent gliders/flyers and come home with the model in one piece!


I had made arrangements to meet the WigWam at Roundway today to try these new settings but unfortunately when we arrived there was a huge amount of Mist, visibility was down to about 100metres so we decided to make our way home again

Hopefully Friday afternoon there could be a decent westerly blowing so I should be trying out my new settings and maybe Rob will grow some testicles and maiden the RotMilan. Who knows?



Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment